European standards for the indication of temperature zones:
In force since 1.01.2005, the DIN standard “DIN EN 13537” allows uniform regulations between the European producers of sleeping bags. According to EN 13537 there are three temperature readings for normal use:
- Comfort: The fully taken sleeper in his sleeping bag and relaxed state should not feel justice of feeling cold. The indicative measurement is calculated from the “standard woman” 60 kg and measuring 1.60 m.
- Tolerance or risk: The fully taken sleeper in his sleeping bag in a folded posture should not be cold narrowly.This body posture is adopted to minimize the body surface emitting heat. The indicative measurement is calculated from the “standard man” 70 kg and measuring 1.73 m.
- Extreme: At the temperature defined by itypetravel, the sleeping bag only protects you from freezing to death, but there is still a risk of hypothermia. It is assumed that the “standard woman” holds in posture rolled for 6 hours in such cold conditions. The indicative measurement is calculated from the “standard woman” 60 kg and measuring 1.60 m.
All figures are approximate. They are to be regarded as a reasonable minimum, for a man of standard size, in good physical shape and dressed (dry underwear, socks wide).
This man has installed its down as soon as possible, he knows he must enter into a sleeping bag after a long shaken, doing a bit of exercise and have satiated . He knows he is important to close the collar and tighten the hood.
It does not breathe in the bag , and will take a coating position to the side and slightly bent . For colder nights, he will not hesitate to put a hot water bottle as water bottle in his bag and will leave near a water bottle to avoid going out in case of extreme cold to urinate …
Note that these values are established out of the wind and isolated from the ground.
If it was cold, the problem is complex. We must improve the insulation of the floor and wear dry underwear. The use of a blanket can be a solution but consideration will be troublesome: it may be a significant condensation in your bag (moisture). Be careful not to cover the sleeping bag as to compress it down from the inside which will result in a loss of insulation from the latter.
On the contrary, if we warm in a sleeping bag, just release the cords or open more or less closed.
What materials for what advantages and disadvantages?
The market is two kinds of material for sleeping bags. We talk either down orsynthetic. The duvet is made of duck feathers or goose while … syntheticfiber synthetic. The down has the advantage of being warmer with a weight and a better compression ratio than synthetic . This means that for a down 0 degrees comfort you will only wear (for mine) 1180 grams while the synthetic weigh 1700g!
These figures are from my own measurements on a S0 Down (fluff) and S0 (synthetic) decathlon. Down the 0 degree is a great down to an affordable (about € 100), while the S0 it is 60 € and is more suitable in wet areas.
I’ve slept with S0 Down in very cool places and confirm that you can sleep comfortably at 0 degrees.
Both materials have advantages and disadvantages follow the guide:
1) The fluff
- weight / insulation
- sleeping bag compression level
- Moisture absorbing (hydrophilic property) and therefore heat loss but the progress made relating to the moisture resistance are undeniable. Some bags also have a water repellent treatment
- delicate maintenance and long drying
- Beware of possible allergies
- Better resistance to moisture than down.
- Fast drying and washing facility
Roman Palm LITE Ultra Compact Hooded Sleeping Bag …
Rab Ignition 2 Sleeping Bag
Rab Summit 600 Sleeping Bag
Mountain Hardwear Ratio Sleeping Bag: 32 Degree Down …
Rab Ascent 900
JoJo Siwa Rainbow Sequin Sleeping Mask
Standard Furniture Size Reviews
Swim and Sun Protection Collection – ImseVimse® USA
Plush Deer Sleeping Mask
CANBUS T10 5730 6 LED WHITE LED LIGHT
Choose Happy Sleeping Mask
JoJo Siwa Bow Bow the Puppy Sleeping Mask
POGNAE BABY CARRIER, Excellent Quality Baby Carrier, Korea …
Sophia Snowman Sleep Mask
List Manufacturers of Seagrass Beach Bag, Buy Seagrass …
Tommy Hilfiger Vineyard Floral Full/queen Cotton Quilt …
Exped Ultralite 500 Down Sleeping Bag (Medium)
6 Of The Best Sleeping Bags For Backpackers